Roses & Rye is excited to share true stories about how Moms Change the World.® Every day Moms around the world are raising children who will grow up to be leaders, educators, scientists, citizens, and parents themselves. The influence of a Mom is amazing.
A Moms Change the World® story is inspirational and describes how Moms directly impact local and global communities through personal experience being a Mom. It is a story that provides vivid proof that raising children is utterly transformative – for our communities and the world around us. Moms Change the World® stories are written in the first person and close with impact, using emotion to communicate lessons and shared experience. You can submit your story here.
If the story you wrote is published by Roses & Rye, you will be paid $350 upon publication of the book and you will receive ten complimentary copies of the book.
1. Tell an inspirational, exciting, sad or funny story about being a Mom through personal experience.
2. Introduce the character(s) early.
3. Always write in the first person.
4. Tell your story in a dramatic style that describes how you feel.
5. Remember the details!
6. Begin your story with action, but always include a problem, challenge or issue.
7. Include dialogue and characters who express their feelings through the conflict or situation.
8. Close with a result, such as a lesson learned, a positive change or a future hope.
1. Please submit your story via our website: www.rosesandrye.com.
2. Stories must be non-fiction and should be no longer than 1,200 words.
3. No anonymous submissions are accepted.
4. Please only submit stories that have not been previously published.
5. We never publish anything without written permission from the author.
6. Feel free to submit more than one story or poem for us to consider.
7. Please do not send book manuscripts.